The North Atlantic’s Azores, like Hawaii, is a remote volcanic archipelago. This active trip explores the crater of Sete Cidades (one of the 7 Wonders of Portugal), bathes you in natural thermal pools, and includes a world-class whale watching excursion. You'll have the opportunity to explore four iconic islands including São Miguel, Faial, Pico and São Jorge. Want to maximize your time in Portugal? Pair this tour with our Lisbon & Porto Gourmet Foray – a culinary tour of the country's mainland that immediately follows this tour.
DEPARTURES & PRICES:
• Experience 4 unique islands: São Miguel, Faial, Pico and São Jorge
• Spot over 25 species of whales and dolphins on a special boat excursion
• Skip the whale tour (and save $100) to surmount the Azores’ highest peak
• Enjoy an afternoon soak in a thermal pool heated by volcanic vents
• Take part in a private evening party at an outdoor thermal pool, with bartender et al
• Peddle through a quaint village on São Miguel Island
• Visit Europe’s only tea plantation
• Virtually all meals included, along with water and soft drinks. Beer and wine included at dinners.