Now is a great time to visit Myanmar. The military regime is over, democratic reforms have been globally praised, and tourism has taken off. Our visit begins in the former capital of Yangon, where we’ll take in the unforgettable Shwedagon Pagoda. After that we’ll fly to Mandalay for quaint villages, ancient temples, and an overnight riverboat ride to the 11th-century capital of Bagan. We’ve even squeezed a couple of laid-back days on Inle Lake into our itinerary, before or adventure wraps back in Yangon with a gourmet Farewell Dinner at one of the city's top restaurants.
DEPARTURES & PRICES:
HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE TRAVELING?
WHEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO TRAVEL?
• A sunset view of the 200-year-old, two-kilometre-long, U-bein teakwood bridge at sunset
• An overnight riverboat cruise on the Ayeyarwady
• Explore the magnificent temples of Bagan, some of Asia’s most impressive archaeological wonders
• Take an optional hot air balloon ride over the temples of Bagan at dawn
• Explore the floating gardens of Inle Lake(be sure to check out their unique 'leg-rowing' technique)
• Watch Intha fishermen in action, renowned for their unique leg-rowing
• Gourmet picnic lunch in the woods prepared by local chefs