Sri Lanka is a gem like no other. Off the coast of India, mainland influences filter through the island’s Buddhist, Muslim and Hindu people. With a Civil War ending in 2009 and new rail servicing even the islands most remote corners, the world is buzzing about this new travel hotspot. It was even crowned 'Best Destination 2019' by Condé Nast! On our gay tour you’ll go deep into jungles, high up to tea country, and headfirst into the culture. You’ll also slumber in the most sublime hotel suites, and savour lavish dinners every night of the tour. If you’re an architecture or design fiend, this tour also features 3 stops celebrating famed gay Sri Lankan architect, Geoffrey Bawa, Master of Jungle Modernism.
DEPARTURES & PRICES:
• Ascend Sigiriya, the monolithic ancient fortress
• Cycle through lush and gorgeous countryside
• Rise and shine for an 8km hike to World’s End (it’s worth it)
• Immerse yourself in elephants, boars, and possibly leopards on safari
• Marvel at the monkeys…pretty much everywhere
• Walk the walls UNESCO world heritage site Galle Fort