At Out Adventures we talk a lot about never losing our sense of adventure, and the camaraderie of joining a group tour. We talk about supporting local communities we visit, and we pride ourselves on putting purpose ahead of profit. After 12 years in business, these values have helped us forge a community of travellers who are not only guests, but friends.
We are over a year and a half into the Covid-19 pandemic, and while I know most of you are eager to fly as soon as you get the jab, it’s not quite that simple for us. I would like to share how and when we are going to restart Out Adventures tours.
First, we’ve worked very hard over the past year to protect our clients–from renegotiating supplier contracts and relaxing our booking conditions to lowering our prices and deposits. We even rewrote our health & safety guidelines.
Moving forward, we will continue to protect our guests, guides, staff, and the communities we’re so eager to visit. Before we confirm any departure, we’ll ask questions like:
- What are the travel restrictions in our home countries, and the destinations we are hoping to visit?
- Do guests need to be vaccinated?
- Will guests have to quarantine before or after the trip?
- Can we safely run the tour?
- What will our impact be on the communities we visit?
- Is the destination’s healthcare system operating at full capacity?
While there are many unanswered questions, we’ve answered those we can in this handy FAQ. I can also promise you that we will always be honest, transparent, and abundantly cautious with your health and safety.
With that, we will be in monthly contact with guests as their vacation nears, starting 4 months prior to departure for tours with final payment due 60 days prior to travel, and 5 months prior to departure for tours with final payment due 90 days prior to travel. Updates will contain the following information:
- The current state of travel restrictions in your destination country including any vaccine mandates, required testing, quarantine requirements, mask mandates, physical distancing, lockdowns and restrictions of movement within the country.
- Localized outbreaks of Covid-19 and/or rising Covid-19 case numbers in the destination country.
- Any current travel restrictions or travel advisories from the home countries of all booked guests, as well as from the World Health Organization.
If we don’t feel it’s safe and feasible to operate the trip, we will notify guests by the date of final payment. There may be cases where a tour is postponed after the final payment, but we assure you our cautious approach will minimize that as much as possible.
We hope this information puts you at ease, and we are here to answer your questions. Please note we currently have limited staff, so we may be slower than normal to reply.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience, support, understanding, and as always – for your business.
Stay safe, and please get in touch if you have further questions.
As the world begins a new chapter of self-isolation, we asked our community of LGBTQ+ travellers what gay and/or travel lit they recommend curling up to. Read More