The Out Adventures Gay Travel Podcast is back! To kick off Season 2 our hosts welcome Richard Dusseau – Founding Partner and Publisher of mensvows.com – into the studio to discuss Gay Honeymoons.
For a downloadable version of Season 2, Episode 1, click here.
Today’s Podcast Takeaways:
Peter, Rob and Richard covered a lot of ground in today’s episode. To keep things simple, we’ve compiled both a General Tips and Destination Tips section.
- Mensvows.com is a digital publication exclusively for grooms. It focuses on Gay Engagements, Gay Weddings and Gay Honeymoons.
- One important tip Richard offers honeymooners, is to find a new destination for both partners. “Share the newness”, as Peter says.
- Richard suggests saving destinations that are less welcoming to the LGBT community such as the Caribbean, Middle East and Russia for another trip. Honeymoons are supposed to be a celebration of your relationship and love for one-another and you should feel comfortable expressing that outwardly.
- Robert suggests adding a honeymoon to your wedding registry. Large tour operators make it convenient for wedding guests to buy the grooms experiences like a couples massage. Meanwhile Out Adventures will help you setup a fund guests can directly contribute to to pay for your gay honeymoon.
European Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Portugal – A Classic European hotspot with the options of beaches, vineyards and lively cities.
- Italy – Specifically Northern Italy is an exceptional destination for a gay honeymoon. Consider the smaller towns around Piedmont.
- Vienna – For a large European city, Vienna is sexy, historical and happening.
- Bruges – For a small European city, Bruges offers charm and beauty. Just imagine an evening stroll along Bruges’ romantic canals.
Asian Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Laos – An up and coming destination that offers respite from the hordes of tourists throughout South East Asia.
- Taipei – Easily overlook, Taiwan’s capital is an extremely LGBT-friendly destination rich with culture, cuisine and charm.
South American Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Columbia – A trendy destination that offers adventure and culture, not to mention some of the best food in South America.
- Mendoza – Dive into the vineyards and bodegas of Argentina in this charming city. After all, nothing says romance like Malbec!
- Patagonia – Pair your romance with rugged terrains at Patagonia EcoCamp – the second best hotel in South America – in Torres Del Paine National Park. Perfect for the more adventurous couples amongst us.
Budget-Friendly Gay Honeymoon Destinations
- Thailand – This ever-popular destination is known as the Land of Smiles. Possibly because of its welcoming Buddhist culture, renowned culinary scene and miles of golden beaches. Or possibly because of its budget-friendly price tag.
- Mexico City – Affordable and easily accessible with plenty to do and see. Consider focusing on the beautiful Polanco neighbourhood.
Header image credit: mensvows.com