Out Adventures is launching a new arm of tours created by and for lesbian and bisexual women. Brand Ambassadors Tanya Churchmuch and Iris Serbanescu introduce the venture and discuss the grand world of sapphic sojourns in this special extended episode. Buckle up!
For a downloadable version of Season 2, Episode 9, click here.
Les-be honest, with a 40-minute runtime, today’s episode was a doozy. But the entire episode was ladden with great resources. Below you’ll find host bios, links to the resources mentioned and a summary of the destinations every queer woman should be eyeing.
Tanya is the founder of MuchPR, a New York-based PR agency for travel, hospitality and the LGBTQ community. She also founded the world’s first lesbian travel site, and spent three years as Board Chair of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA). Tanya will host our Peru: The Amazon & Machu Picchu Luxury Lesbian Escape.
Iris is Director of Partnerships at TourRadar, a travel and tourism technology company. She is also a co-ambassador to Canada for the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA), and has traveled to 35 countries and counting. Iris will host our signature Croatia: Dalmatian Coast Lesbian Cruise.
Lesbian Travel Resources
- Autostraddle “is a progressively feminist online community for multiple generations of kickass lesbian, bisexual & otherwise inclined ladies (and their friends).” It can also be a great lesbian travel resource!
- Curve is one of the best known Lesbian magazines. It often publishes exceptional travel guides in its Lifestyle section.
- Allie & Sam are Iris’ favourite lesbian micro influencers and worth a follow.
- Dopes on the Road is a great lesbian blog by two of the smartest cookies in the business. Follow along as these two share their love of travel and each other.
Classic Lesbian Travel Destinations
- Provincetown – This famously homosexual destination has always been a favourite among lesbian and bisexual women. Click here for a complete guide to all the female-centric events in Provincetown including Single Women’s Weekend, Women Of Colour Weekend, Women’s Week and Girl Splash.
- Rehoboth Beach – A popular summer jaunt. Use airbnb to find quaint lesbian-owned properties. Be sure to toss a towel down on sandy North Shore beach where most LGBT women hang out.
- Palm Springs – For 29 years and counting Dinah Shore Weekend in Palm Springs has been THE lesbian and bisexual women’s party to attend.
- Brooklyn – While New York City is a universally adored destination, Brooklyn in particular has become a hotspot for the jetsetting woman. Ginger’s is one of the best lesbian bars in the US, while The Rosemont’s Peggy parties have become legendary.
Emerging Lesbian Travel Destinations
- Las Vegas – As one of the only destinations actively marketing to the lesbian community, Las Vegas deserves a special shout out. Watch their recent promo below.
- Key West – Another gorgeous destination that actively has started marketing to women.
- Prague – Having lived in the Czech Republic’s charming capital, Iris assures us the city is a surprisingly great LGBT destination. The community is tight-knit, welcoming and always down for a good time.
- Copenhaagen – By no means is this Scandinavian capital an emerging lesbian destination, but it does deserve special attention as the host of World Pride 2021.
- Toronto – We can’t help but boast about our hometown! It’s not just one of the gayest cities in Canada, but also the world. Use Yohomo to navigate the city’s roster of female-centric events and businesses.
- Tier 2 Cities – Baltimore, Boston and Milwaukee are among the US’s lesser-known cities quickly gaining traction with queer travellers. They all feature surprisingly robust arts and culture scenes with a more reasonable price tag.
New Tours, By And For Lesbians
To wrap up this blog post, we wanted to give you a tiny taste of what we’ve got in store for lesbian and bisexual women. So without further ado, here are the official tour descriptions of our inaugural sapphic sojourns.
Hosted by Iris, this intimate lesbian cruise for no more than 34 women dances across the azure Adriatic docking in medieval ports and at UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Daily excursions and cultural tours will be balanced with swim stops and some of Europe’s best undiscovered cuisine. We’ve taken special care to select a female-owned cruise line, hire a fantastic female Croatian guide and book tables at female-run restaurants. This is a vacation for the woman who enjoys her beach holiday with a side of culture.
This 8-day schlep through Peru is hosted by Tanya alongside the country’s best local guide, Alejandrina. The tour begins in Lima where you’ll dine at famed chef Pía León’s restaurant and visit a local lesbian-owned cupcakery. After getting acquainted, you’ll venture into the Amazon to photograph the fantastical flora and fauna. For the final leg of the journey you’ll take to the Andes to experience the country’s sweeping history in Cusco, the Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu.
If either tour pique your interest, join our lesbian travel newsletter here and be the first to hear when the tours have officially launched, September 2019.
Stay tuned, keep travelling and, Never Lose Your Sense of Adventure!
Image Credits from top down: Shutterstock, Tanya Churchmuch, Iris Serbanescu, Katarina Line, Shutterstock.