Cohosts Peter and Rob Skype-in Carlos Picanco — Commercial and Marketing Director at Futurismo Azores Adventures — to discuss the Atlantic archipelago and why it has become 2018’s hottest destination.
For a downloadable version of Episode 7, click here.
Find The Out Adventures Gay Travel Podcast iTunes!
Today’s Podcast Takeaways:
- Direct flights to the Azores via Azores Airlines run daily from Boston, Oakland and Providence in the USA and, Toronto and Montreal in Canada. Delta Airlines also offers an overnight direct flight from New York City.
- Domestic flights between islands are largely run by SATA. Schedules vary but there are approximately 2 flights per day between each island.
- In the summer, you can also get around the islands via ferries. Check out Atlanticoline for full details and schedules.
- Sete Cidades = a volcanic lake on Ponta Delgada and one of the Azores’ most iconic sights. See picture below.
- Coasteering = an adrenaline pumping activity that involves controlled climbing, jumping and swimming along the Azores’ world-famous coastlines.
- The hotel Rob name drops is Azor Hotel, the Azores’ only 5-star hotel. If you’d like a visual preview of the hotels Out Adventures uses on our Azores Islands Adventure, click here.
- TAKEAWAY: If you’re visiting the Azores, even for a short-stay, don’t rush the experience. Take your time to appreciate each island and what makes them unique.
Relevant Blog Posts
If today’s topic resonated with you, be sure to read our other blog content on the Azores Islands:
Stays that Slay: Azores
The Azores Islands have plenty to offer, not least of which includes pristine beauty and endless opportunity for adventure. We highlight the best hotels and accommodations on the islands, all of which we’ll indulge in on our Portugal: Azores Islands Adventure.
7 Experiences Not to Miss in the Azores
Fall head over hiking boot for the Azores on our Portugal: Azores Islands Adventure. Here is a short introduction to this relatively unknown destination and our seven must-do experiences.
Join Out Adventures in the Azores on an active adventure. Click here for more info.
(Image credit: Shutterstock)
We’re back with more great travel advice. Episode 1 is all about out Ten Favourite Hotels around the world, and Uwern Jong – Editor-in-Chief of OutThere – joins us to share his thoughts. As the world’s leading luxury and experiential travel journal for gay men, OutThere’s mission is to hunt down the best hotel and resort experiences. […]Read More